Welcome on board!
Construction is underway! The Trust has secured the funds necessary for the construction of the Event Centre thanks to the generosity of the Karori Community, funders, and the Wellington City Council.
Work started with a 'Turning of the Sod' ceremony on the 25th October 2016.
But we still need your support and donations
Work has started on phase one — construction — but we're still raising funds for the
- Please donate now as an individual, family, club, or business
- Help us fundraise!
- Tell your friends and neighbours about the project.
We'd be grateful for your donation and help with this exciting project
The Karori Event Centre will be Karori's replacement community hall, designed to meet community needs now and into the future. It will be built next to the Community Centre, where it will be easy to manage and easy for people to access from the pedestrian walkway.
The Western Suburbs needs the Event Centre
- We need a public community hall. The St John's hall is 'yellow-stickered' as an earthquake-prone building and marked for disposal by the Wellington City Council. Other halls have closed, don't meet earthquake standards, or are fully booked at peaked times.
- The Karori Event Centre will be available and affordable for all.
- It will be a flexible, multi-purpose venue – catering for activities, events, meetings, exhibitions, performances, and civil defence.
- It will bring life, vitality, and business into the community.
Karori Event Centre project supporters